Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First of all, I almost feel  like I should apologize for the last post.  I was wallowing, and I'm sorry.  But the good part of public pity (provided people don't participate in the fail) is that I find it a great way to own my personal filth and decide if something needs to change and what could be done about it.  

The light bulb went off whilst sweating my life away on the elliptical machine at my favorite gym.  This was the great enlightenment that can usually only be obtained either in sleep or the loo, I needed a new drive (funny that this should come up when I'm actively in motion towards the cyclical attempts to stave off diabetes).  Something new to work towards. 

Now, I usually don't like television much.  Its dull, and commercials are a pain, and when you tell the stupid doctor that he doesn't know what he's doing, you have the pleasure of seeing him get angry at you.  But at the gym, that's a different story.  I love it.  I'll even watch the news, something I especially loath, but particularly like building shows or fashion make-overs (*shame*).  On this fateful day, it was an international real estate show in Iceland.  Beautiful.  

It was crazy.  I was instantly jealous of the participants, so hungry for travel that I wanted to gobble up all the information as hastily as the huge fast-food take out order I would feast on later.  Not just because it was Iceland, although that place looked beautiful, but the act of moving drastically to another country, something I hadn't done in years.  I'm sure taco grease was sizzling out of the pores of my fevered brow. 

So for now, I'll just think on it, see if its just a passing fancy.  But its always good to dream.  And right now, packing up two suitcases and my cat is mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment